I spend a lot of time thinking about things like taco delivery drones, storytelling methods across media, and made-up music genres. I once owned a small coworking space and still periodically do pro bono consulting for nonprofit organizations in the areas of operations, business practices, and digital security. I like to salvage and repair musical equipment, vintage electronics, and tools. I collect vinyl records and build hoopty bikes for friends. I’m currently making my best effort as a gardener in the little windowsills in my apartment. When I’m not doing any of that, I like to make silly faces at dogs.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
I have a natural disposition for identifying patterns and uncovering root causes. I have become skilled at blending practical work and abstract reasoning to anticipate challenges and research possible solutions or alternatives before problems are encountered.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Client Relationship Management
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Business process management
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
? ? ? ? ?
n e o c i t i e s
• Certified Scrum Master
BA, Rhetoric and Writing, University of Texas at Austin, Austin TX, Spring 2010
Product Manager, Workbar – 2020 – 2020
• Multifaceted role reporting directly to CTO to coordinate between engineering, operations, management, and external partners, driving both the development of coworking management software and its use as a licensed product for a partner network of third-party coworking spaces.
• Led agile transformation for Workbar's engineering team and migration to a full featured work tracking system
• Served as main point of contact and support for roughly a dozen partnered coworking spaces as well as vendors on projects like billing processor integration and procurement of cutting edge health equipment
• Developed new documentation and communication practices to strengthen cross-team collaboration
Product Lead, CozyKin Inc (closed) – 2018 – 2019
• Collaborated across teams to build technological solutions to improve the customer experience for families and the employment experience for caregivers
• Regularly translated wants and needs into engineering tasks, defined spec for projects and owned project oversight from idea through implementation.
• Reduced average monthly billing issues by ~90% over a three month period by resolving and closely tracking all issues to address root causes before developing new tools and policy to prevent issues in the future.
• Implemented business systems for the company including JIRA for tracking work, Grasshopper for official company phone numbers and call routing, and LastPass for securing accounts even when shared or collaborative.
• Led ideation and testing for planned in-home tech experience including telepresence system, including clock-in/out feature, schedule management, and remote device administration (via JAMF)
• Created a security working group and led weekly meetings to create tangible, direct improvements based on security concerns and needs.
Operations Manager, Clara Health – 2017-2018
• Agile Coach and Scrum Master for the engineering team, including ownership of stand-up meetings, backlog maintenance, and bug reporting. Additionally initiated and organized team lunch and learns and sprint retrospectives.
• Planned and executed custom JIRA configuration and transitioned team from YouTrack in first week with company. Migrated entire body of historical data from YouTrack into an organizational scheme designed to seamlessly accommodate both old and new data.
• Assisted with user feedback and communication between engineering team and the rest of the company, including transitioning to running sprint planning meetings.
• Owned wiki management and took product documentation from 5% to 85%+ coverage.
• Product and features led to a total of $2.5M in investments lead by Khosla Ventures as of January 2018.
Consultant, Client Delivery, Praecipio Consulting – 2014 - 2016
• Designed business processes for Fortune 5 companies and followed up by implementing the solutions and conducting user acceptance testing. Established milestones and coordinated project deliverables throughout the life cycle of each project.
• Implementations involved configuring Atlassian systems including JIRA and Confluence, with projects ranging from workflow design to large-scale system implementation.
• Trained hundreds of engineers, managers, and other users on implemented process solutions.
• Led beginner through advanced level classes on JIRA and Confluence use and administration as a certified Atlassian Training Redelivery trainer.
Owner / Community Manager, Station Coworking – 2013 - 2014
• Owned and operated a coworking space/consulting studio in central Austin.
• Intended as a carefully planned nine-month initial run. At the end of the original nine month span, the decision was made to not renew the lease due to the uncertainty and liability a multi year lease would require.
IT Staff, Sparefoot – 2013 - 2013
• Temporary contract to provide IT support for a growing startup.
• Facilitated rapid expansion of equipment and systems within company. Set up new workstations, computer imaging, installation of necessary software, and supported new employee onboarding.
• Assessed and tested a new internal ticketing system.
Implementation Consultant, Clubessential, LLC – 2011 - 2012
• Designed, built, and implemented online reservation systems for the private club and resort industry, maintaining client relationships from day one through extended support.
• Trained hundreds of clients on use of online reservation system products.
• Documented procedures and business processes, developing a personal ‘wiki’-based system to organize documents
Senior Consultant / Call Center Manager, The University of Texas at Austin – 2007 - 2011
• Student position at the University of Texas at Austin Information Technology Systems Help Desk
• Oversaw 45 student employees in direct report roles covering tier 1-2 technical support in person and through remote methods and managed troubleshooting documentation via internal wiki. Led development of department wide documentation sustainability plan.
• In one 48 hour period, developed and delivered emergency training to all tier 1 and 2 staff.
IT Assistant, Christian Care Centers, Inc. – 2004 - 2004
• Temporary position spanning the May through August
• Assisted in managing information technology systems for company staff at three campuses and a corporate head office.
• Conducted a changeover of desktop computers across all campuses to roll out new machines, update existing machines, and redeploy updated machines to other staff.